Unique Holiday Gifts from Women Owned Businesses Leading the Way
Looking for sustainable gifts from women-owned brands? Look no further. We’ve gathered our top eco-friendly brands owned by women. Plus, you can earn cashback when you shop through Karma Wallet!
November 2, 2023
The 2023 holiday season is upon us, and it’s the perfect time to not only spread joy and cheer but also to support some awesome women owned businesses. To make it easy for you, we’ve rounded up our favorite women owned brands that also prioritize positive social and environmental impact.
Plus, you can earn up to 20% cashback* when you shop with these brands with your Karma Wallet Card!
Ettitude: Sustainable Sleep Essentials
Ettitude, founded by Phoebe Yu in 2014, is a brand with a mission: to create a better, more sustainable sleep experience. For decades, cotton has been the industry standard for bedding. But… cotton uses more pesticides, insecticides, and water than any other crop on the planet.
By creating bedding and sleepwear from innovative, naturally renewable bamboo fabric, Ettitude uses 500x less water and 52% fewer carbon emissions than conventional cotton bedding.
While they started with bamboo sheets, they now have expanded to everything from baby towels to sleep masks to pajamas. Here’s our top green gifting picks!
- Waffle Bathrobe: this luxuriously soft spa-like waffle knit robe is the perfect gift for anyone looking to stay cozy this holiday season.
- Bamboo Hair Towel: for your personal care obsessed bestie, this hair towel keeps frizz at a minimum while efficiently drying your hair.
- Hooded Baby Towel: for your newest niece or nephew. Free from harmful chemicals and extra gentle on delicate baby skin!
Ready to give the gift of a more sustainable night’s sleep? Shop Ettitude below!
Good Juju: Zero Waste with Zero Compromise
Good Juju is an innovative personal care and home company dedicated to offering sustainable, plastic-free products without compromising on quality.
It was founded by friends Lisa and Alexa – friends, moms, climate nerds, and lovers of all things natural health. They spent years working in the natural health industry where they learned about the power ingredients can have on our overall wellness.
Good Juju aims to help consumers embark on their natural health and wellness journey without feeling overwhelmed. With their zero waste products, they prevent plastic from entering the waste stream.
To date, they’ve prevented 417, 130 plastic bottles from being tossed!
Here’s some of our top ways to gift Good Juju:
- Honey Oat Exfoliating Body Bar: oat bran gently exfoliates skin while honey, avocado, olive and coconut oil provide deep nourishment.
- Wool Dryer Balls: the perfect gift for someone starting their sustainability journey.
- Shampoo Bar: our go-to stocking stuffer that gives the gift of ridiculously soft hair.
Plus, Good Juju is a member of 1% for the Planet, just like us. So get gifting!
Sabai Design: Sustainable Furniture with a Purpose
Sabai Design, founded by two women, Phantila Phataraprasit and Caitlin Ellen, is all about sustainable and purposeful furniture.
Made in the USA, their eco-friendly furniture pieces utilize recycled, upcycled, and natural materials – with no harmful chemicals.
Our top picks from Sabai:
- The Essential Chair: perfect for curling up with a book and a cup of hot tea this holiday season
- Evergreen Ottoman: timeless elegance meets plant-positive innovation with the funky ottoman
- The Striped Pillow: classic lumbar pillow shape with a on-trend striped pattern with fabric made from 100% recycled water bottles
Don’t just decorate a space. Make a statement with Sabai.
Simple Switch: Ethical Lifestyle Choices Made Easy
Simple Switch is more than just a woman-owned brand; it’s a platform that connects conscious consumers with a variety of ethical and sustainable brands.
Founder Rachel Kois has created a marketplace where you can find a wide range of products, from skincare to home goods and beyond.
To make eco-friendly gifting simple, they’ve bundled their top products into gift sets like these:
- Handmade & Fair Trade Coffee Lovers Gift Box: includes 2 hand painted stoneware coffee mugs, a bag of Twin Engine Coffee, and a coffeewood coffee scoop
- Toddler’s First Watercolor & Book Set: includes non-toxic watercolor set, wooden paintbrush, and coloring book
- Handmade & Fair Trade Soup Lovers Gift Box: includes 2 microwave bowl cozies, soup from the Women’s Bean Project, and a macawood ladle
Support a multitude of woman-owned brands in one place on Simple Switch!
Plaine Products: Zero Waste and Refillable Personal Care
Founded by two sisters, Lindsey and Alison Delaplaine, Plaine Products began with a dream to have less plastic waste in our world. The heart of Plaine Product’s sustainability lies in their innovative packaging and refill system.
Their shampoos, conditioners, body washes, lotions and other personal care essentials come in plastic-free, aluminum bottles that can be sent back to Plaine Products to be used again and again.
Here’s what we’d gift from Plaine Products this season:
- Zero Waste Starter Set: includes their plastic-free and refillable Hand Wash 16oz, Body Lotion 16oz, Travel Size Shampoo and Travel Size Conditioner
- Hair Repair: this versatile product can be used as a detangler, heat protectant, and leave-in conditioner
- Citrus Lavender Body Lotion: lightweight, fast-absorbing, hydrating, and smells incredible
Refill, reuse, rejoice with Plaine Products!
Why Shop with Women Owned Businesses?
Shopping with women owned businesses helps support local economies, empowers communities, and encourages female entrepreneurs. Here’s some reasons to feel good about your next purchase!
- Women owned businesses represent 42% of all companies. These companies employ 9.4 million workers and generate $1.9 trillion in revenue annually.
- In 2018, women earned roughly 81.6 cents for every dollar a man earned. This wage gap is even greater for women of color.
- In 2017, women were 38x more likely to live in poverty than men. Over a third of families headed by single mothers live in poverty.
- Women reinvest 90% of their income into their families and their local communities – which stimulates meaningful economic growth (McKinsey)
This holiday season, as you search for the perfect gifts for your friends and family, remember that your purchases can have a significant impact.
Your dollar is power. Every dollar spent with women owned companies gives back to local and global economies and supports female entrepreneurs impacted by the wage gap.
Cashback with the Karma Wallet Card
Through the Karma Wallet Card, you can earn up to 20% cashback on these sustainable brands – and with hundreds of other ethical, local, and eco-friendly companies.
The Karma Wallet Card is a prepaid, reloadable debit card that gives back to people and planet with every purchase. And it rewards you for shopping sustainably! Join the waitlist below.
Happy holidays and happy gifting!
Up to 20%* cashback with eligible brands. The Karma Wallet Card is a reloadable prepaid debit card with FDIC insurance up to $250,000. Visa®is a registered trademark. The Karma Wallet Visa® Card is issued by Pathward, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa® of Visa U.S.A Inc. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners.